Isotopic Labeling and
Metabolomics and isotope tracing has become an indispensable tool to facilitate characterization of unknowns, metabolite quantification, pathway activity assessment and metabolic flux analysis. The scope of the working group is to promote scientific exchange, knowledge transfer and education for researchers that make or plan to use stable isotope labeling within their metabolomics workflow. We will foster networking between national and international groups from all branches of life science including plant physiology, biomedical research and bioinformatics. Besides establishing technical standards and routines for the interpretation of simple tracer analysis experiments, we will encourage the development of mathematical models and computational tools to infer quantitative metabolic flux data from targeted or complex labeling studies.
Goals of the Flux Analysis group include:
- Establish a german network to promote basic research and applied science in isotopic labeling and flux analysis
- Facilitate scientific exchange and support national and international collaborations
- Organize and inform about national and international meetings, trainings and workshops
- Inform about grants and funding options
- Take an advisory role with respect to the planning, implementation, analytical measurement and statistical data analysis of labeling experiments